It doesn’t need to be explained why you need a backpack. To say the truth, it’s been evident that backpacks have now become the go-to accessory for every individual irrespective of their age. The question is not whether or not you should get a backpack for parkour but which one should you get. The problem with picking the best parkour backpack possible is you want a backpack that can hold all your gear, but you still want it to be small and compact when you’re moving. This can be a difficult balance, but thankfully more freerunning/parkour bags are being made all the time, and there are some great ones out right now!
- 0.1 Parkour Backpack Comparison Table
- 1 Factors To Consider While Choosing Parkour Backpack :-
- 2 Why do people use a Backpack for Parkour?
- 3 My Top 4 Best Parkour Backpack Reviews
- 3.1 1.UNTAMED® Fastbreak Parkour Backpack Aerial
- 3.2 2.Everest Sling Bag
- 3.3 3.Hydration Pack with 1.5 L Backpack Water Bladder
- 3.4 4. Vrypack Tight Fit Backpack
- 4 My Final Thoughts on Backpacks for Free Runners
Parkour Backpack Comparison Table
|Hexlite 100||0.77 Lbs||$$$$||4.8|
Backpack: This is the name of the backpack.
Material: This is the material that these backpacks are made out of.
Weight: This is how much the backpack weighs.
Price: This is the $-$$$$$ rating that symbolizes the price of the backpack.
Rating: This is the 1-5 rating from Amazon for each backpack.
Factors To Consider While Choosing Parkour Backpack :-
Since a backpack has now become your best friend, you must know the right way to shop for—things to consider and things to let go.
- Budget – The first step towards choosing a back pack is to determine the purpose it is needed for and subsequently determine your budget. If you know why you need a bag, you will be able to narrow down your options accordingly.
- Weight – Since you will be carrying around the backpack for most of your day, you should always compare the weight of the back pack being offered by different merchants. If you decide to purchase a kitbag that offers technical accessories, you should definitely check out the weight of the backpack and the way it fits on your body when all the accessories are loaded.
- Useful Accessories are a great benefit- There are merchants who provide multiple technical accessories along with their backpacks which prove to be highly functional. Features like mobile phone holders, water bottle containers, DSLR holders and hydration bladders provide for a highly-functional pack.
- Match your personality – While shoulder bags are a unisex accessory and practically go with all kinds of attire, it is important that you choose a backpack design and color which suits your personality and, more importantly, your purpose.
Why do people use a Backpack for Parkour?
Back packs for parkour have gained much popularity in the recent years. While a sophisticated collection of bags are loved by everyone from teenagers to adults, many still wonder why people use backpacks for Parkour. The quality and practicality of the backpacks are just some of the fundamental reasons for their popularity.
- Light-weight : The primary reason for the popularity of carry bags for parkour is their light-weight. They are an accessory that has to be carried around on your shoulder for most of your day. Therefore, it should be as light-weight as possible.
- Practical use and capacity: Some Backpacks are quite spacious and serve all of your purpose. You can get multiple uses from them and they are good to carry your electronics as well.
- Technical accessories: Many models of Parkour backpacks offer technical accessories along with them such as water bladder, camera holders, mobile phone holders etc. This increases their utility furthermore and helps you make your life easier while doing parkour.
My Top 4 Best Parkour Backpack Reviews
If you’re looking for a reason to choose Parkour backpack in the M size, you are on the right page! The obvious reason is, well, the amazing features offered by it.
- This bag weighs only 1.1 pounds. That means it is a light-weight, which can accompany you everywhere.
- The backpack has been made with the chest jacket and the hip-belt features which mean that you will never ever lose it. You can strap your backpack to your back and carry it around easily.
- The dimensions of the pack (17.1 x 5.3 x 1.6 inches) are perfect for storing all your belongings. From books to your gym clothes to your vacation accessories, Parkour Backpack serves all your purposes.
- It comes with a cushioned compartment for the laptop which provides extra safety to your electronics. But the M size works only with very few laptops. The L size is perfect for you if you wish to purchase it only for the sole purpose of using it as a laptop pack.
The UNTAMED Fastbreak Parkour bag has been designed as a perfect grab-and-go item for emergency getaways. The item is offered in three colors—black, dark denim and olive. Inside it has multiple little compartments which prove useful for the storage of numerous accessories. This bag is a perfect solution for all your needs such as the gym, the school, the trekking trips, the training sessions and camps and everything else.
Yes, that’s a sling bag and no, they are not only for women. The evolving fashion trends have rendered the use of sling bags to women as a fashion accessory. But Everest doesn’t think so. Everest has strived to remain true to the fact that sling bags were brought into the notice of mankind via men and Everest has managed to re-create that fashion in the most sophisticated way possible. Everest Sling Bag offers the gentlemen of the Earth to stay classy while keeping it simple.
The most important feature to be considered while shopping for sling bags is the weight. Since sling bags can only be worn on one shoulder, it is important that they weigh as light as possible.
The Everest Sling Bag weighs only around 1.1 pounds which is one of the lightest bag-weight you will ever get. The bag is made of 100% polyester and is available in 7 colors—black, Navy, Turquoise, Dark Purple, Orange, Burgandy and Hot Pink. While it has been designed with the main focus on the utility for men, some of the colors available make it a perfect item for women as well!
It is designed for right shoulder use with a 12” shoulder drop and height and width of 18.5” and 15” respectively. The bag is quite spacious and also offers two outer pockets to store small items that you use often. It’s dimensions are 19 x 13.5 x 6 inches and can store up to 730 inches3.
The Everest Sling Bag has got everything you can possibly need in a fully-functional sling bag. It is one of the lightest sling bag that can be very useful in parkour. This back pack is perfect to carry the essential items of your need and it won’t get too heavy! This bag serves as a perfect sack to store the heavy items that men can’t carry around in their pockets and can be doubled as a fashion accessory. It enjoys more popularity among public commuters and cyclists, but has been quite accessible to high school students as well.
Water Backpack or Hydration Packs, as they are commonly known—have become the new favorite of the people worldwide. It’s fashionable and really practical and useful too. Hydration Pack by Camden Gear is a water backpack which offers a 1.5 liter bladder. The bladder keeps the water comparatively cooler and also provides screw cap which allows you to add ice cubes if you wanted to. This bag is practical for parents with small kids or people who trek a lot. But that’s not all the audience that this bag is limited to. This bag can be enjoyed by anyone and anywhere.
Available in blue, the Hydration Pack by Camden Gear has been designed to fit anyone between kids and teenagers with chest size 27” and adults—both men and women—with chest size of 50”. The highly-flexible chest strap can be adjusted to prevent it from bouncing back on movement.
Apart from the 1.5 Liter replaceable bladder, Hydration Pack from Camden Gear also offers spacious compartments that can easily contain a laptop ranging from 11” to 12”, cameras, iPads etc. The side pockets just add to the storage capacity and allow you to store all your items.
Since there can be doubts that the water might damage the electronics or other items in the bag, the main compartment of the bag has been covered with a water resistant Nylon material that curtails the wear and tear and keeps your bag water resistant for long. Camden Gear also offers 100% cash back guarantee on your purchase price.
The hydration pack weighs 15.2 ounces and serves all your purposes practically. It is perfect for a long day of hiking, running and biking. The hydration pack also proves useful to parents with small kids out on errands. You can tie the pack to the kids’ chest or to your own and feed them whenever required. These packs are also commonly used in training camps and gymnasiums, and are comparatively easy to clean. While the sizes of hydration packs usually vary depending on their purpose, the Camden Gear Hydration Pack offers the most ideal bladder capacity for everyday use.
Vrypack is a pretty new athletic apparel company, and one of thieir newest products is their Vrypack
backpack. The beauty of the Vrypack is its tight
and compact design, which gives you an extremely comfortable pack, that allows you to be able to hold a healthy amount of items while running and training.
Along with this, this backpack is extremely light and it lines up with your spine which helps to keep it neutral and not throw off your balance in any way. This light backpack has quite a few features that make it great for traceurs. Below is a quick list of some of the best features:
- Weighs less than 10 oz.
- Features a water resistance sleeve for cash and electronics!
- Adjustable straps make it the perfect fit for nearly any body style!
- Tight design which keeps the backpack secured to your body as you are on the move!
Overall this is a great backpack that is currently one of my favorites. One of the main thing I love about this backpack is just how snug it stays while moving. When I put this backpack on, I can literally sprint and jump and I don’t feel like it restricts my movements or that it’s flopping all around. In the end of the day I think this pack and the FastBreak are some of the best purely parkour bags.
My Final Thoughts on Backpacks for Free Runners
I know it can be a difficult balance between small and light, and also having the ability to carry your gear, but hopefully my guide helped. These were some of the top recommendations for backpacks for parkour that I personally have used, and recommend to my friends. You won’t go wrong with any of these, and I’m sure there are plenty of other great bags on the market right now! Thank you for visiting TheBestParkourGear.com!