Last Updated August 2nd 2018 Buying the perfect pair of footwear for parkour can make the difference between a great run and a run that leaves one with blisters, joint pain, or even sprains. If you look for the best brand for your new pair of running shoes then I am sure no brand strikes your mind before Nike.
|Shoe||Weight||Material Type||True to Size?||Rating||Price|
|7.6 Oz||Breathable Mesh||Runs 0.5 Small||4.8/5|
|10 Oz||Breathable Mesh||True to Size||4.6/5|
|8.1 Oz||Breathable Mesh||True to Size||4.8/5|
The 6 basic qualities that we look in the shoes as a traceur are:
- Comfort– Level of comfort is very important in a shoe for parkour, as to move along a long distance you will need a shoe that is comfortable enough to support your foot.
- Durability– Long life is an important feature as you would not want to invest a hefty amount for something that has a short life independent of how comfortable they might be.
- Fit– Fit is an important factor in choosing proper footwear. The shoes need to be tight enough to grab the foot properly and further they should not be too long or too short to provide any discomfort.
- Weight– It should preferably be light keeping the sturdiness of the shoes intact. Light weight footwear help feet moving for a longer time.
- Cost– No one wants to spend their hard earned money for something that is not worth the value. Good Parkour shoes cost something between $80- $120.
- Look-. Irrespective of what everyone says the good look of the shoes is an important feature as everyone wants people to have a look at something that they have spent their hard earned money to.
- 1 Here I will review three classy Nike Parkour Shoes :
- 2 1.Nike Men’s Free 5.0 Anthracite Running Shoe
- 3 2.Nike Men’s Roshe Run Running Shoe
- 4 3.Nike Men’s Flex Experience Rn 4 Running Shoe
Here I will review three classy Nike Parkour Shoes :
I took into account all the above qualities to determine if this shoe is a good product for runners, and now you can look at the advantages and disadvantages of these three nike parkour shoes.
One can pair these beautiful Nike Anthracite Running Shoes with trackpants to go out for parkour with friends or for a little jog in the morning. These nice pair of shoes are very light thanks to the flywire technology for ultra-lightweight support for the user to run and workout for longer durations without getting tired.
Now let’s look at some pros and cons of this beautiful pair:
- Comfort– The cool pair of shoes come from the brand name that is known all over the universe for its comfort. The lightweight and new midsole technology only add to the comfort which is already world class.
- Weight– Nike uses the advanced Flywire technology for ultra-lightweight support. Also, the Nike Free Phylite midsole doubles as an outsole for the lightweight of the shoes. These groundbreaking technologies in the field of the shoe engineering lead to the total weight of this pair of shoes to 9 ounces.
- Fit– Deep hexagonal flex grooves for a natural barefoot-like ride while running and wearing for a long time.
- Look– The evergreen combination of white and black along with the beautiful and classy Nike sign is perfectly made to look good even with blue and black denim after you wear them for a little outing after you are done with the jogging.
- Cost– Nike Anthracite are cheap for the amount of comfort, weight, fit and the look of normal casual shoes.
- Durability- The advanced technology that these exclusive pairs of Nike shoes uses does make them very lightweight but since making shoes lighter means using less material, this makes shoes less durable.
- However the shoes are light but I wish the shoe would have been lighter than it would have been easier to run with.
- The shoe also does not protect them well against water and got wet very easily also the net gets very dirty and is very hard to clean.
If you go by my suggestion then these are the perfect pair of shoes for parkour under 100$ for anyone to buy. They are cool, sturdy and very comfortable to wear plus they give an added advantage to replacing the casual shoes in your wardrobe. Most of the people who are beginners in parkour like to buy this kind of shoes.
If you are looking for a new pair of nike shoes for parkour, the Nike Roshe Run shoes are a great option for you. I have been using these shoes for street workouts and for the parkour and nowadays for practicing for the 50KM marathon and these shoes never a show even an inch of the problem. They are as comfortable as the one being barefoot. Further, this sturdy pair of shoes can also be paired with chinos and casual trousers.
Now let’s look at some pros and cons of this beautiful pair:
This product provides you with many different advantages for your running needs.
- Comfort– This shoe is very comfortable. You will be able to run long distances at great speeds without having to stop because of sore feet.
- Weight– You will add almost no weight to your feet when running with these shoes as theyhave minimal weight and feel like nothing is there on the feet.
- Fit– The material is flexible, so your shoes will form well to your feet. The fit of these works very well.
- Cost– They are a cheap pair of footwear for the universally known brand name of Nike, you will pay a minimal amount of money, which is uncommon for this brand.
- Durability– Like all the running shoes these shoes are also very less durable, the obvious reason being brands make them very lightweight but since making shoes lighter means using less material, this makes shoes less durable. This is always going to be a tradeoff in running shoes. If you want a light shoe, it will not last as long. If you want a durable shoe, it will be heavier.
- The shoe material is as such that it gets dirty easily and also it gets wet very easily. Furthermore, the material is very easy to be torn.
- The rubber sole does make the shoe light but is not that long life material and makes the show good for the ground purpose but is really a waste to be worn on the hard ground.
Go for these shoes only if you want to use them for parkour as well as use them as casual shoes, they are more of the sneakers type. They are light, comfortable and true to size. They go well with jeans or just about anything else casual you wear. Might have to look for another pair in a different color for variety. Go for one larger size as the top material is very thin (yes, it is breathable but only because it is very thin) and will get torn easily if too much force is applied to it.
If you are looking for footwear exclusively for running, jumping, doing flips and covering distances wildly then these are the shoes to go for. Lightweight yet strong enough for the purpose they have been made for. The top layer of these are made up of the PU mesh and the bottom is a rubber sole to provide the sturdiness that shoes like these need. Further, the rubber sole makes them vulnerable to be worn on any surface other than ground.
This product provides you with many different advantages.
- Weight– Breathable single layer meshes top layer makes the shoes light. Further, the no-sew overlays and the rubber sole makes the lighter.
- Fit– The fit is awesome they just cover the feet and fit like gloves over it. The material is flexible, so your shoes will form well to your feet. The fit of these shoes works very well.
- Cost– You don’t get quality of Nike any cheaper. They are a cheap pair of shoes for the universally known brand name of Nike shoes, you will pay a minimal amount of money, which is uncommon for this brand.
- Comfort– Unlike all the Nike shoes they are not that comfortable. They just do not have the level of comfort that you expect from Nike Brand and this pair make the Toes swell and pain on long-wearing hours.
- Durability– They are a little more durable than the other running shoes but still not good enough as the life of the shoes doesn’t seem to be much with all those Pu Mesh and Rubber sole like short life materials used in it. This is always going to be a tradeoff in running shoes. If you want a light shoe, it will not last as long. If you want a durable shoe, it will be heavier.
- The colour, top material and the sole material, nothing out of the three seems to support the shoes to fight the dirt and the water. The thin Mesh absorbs water easily and the mesh also acts as a magnet to the dirt.
I would recommend the shoes to anyone who has just parkour purpose with the shoes, if you are looking for shoes for long hours in a day then these are not the shoes you must go for.
Overall, as many people know, Nike creates great shoes, and they definitely have some great choices for parkour/freerunning. Overall I think you won’t go wrong with any of the choices I have outlined above!
The main thing you need to be cautious of when you are buying shoes for parkour from Nike is that a lot of their shoes aren’t really designed for an action sport like parkour. Many of their shoes don’t have the support or durability needed to keep you safe. That being said there are some great options from Nike, and with any of the three shoes above you can’t go wrong!