Last Updated March 14th 2020 Puma has been a huge name in the athletic world, and they are starting to make a name in the parkour world as well! Puma has been building a few different parkour shoes, and now they have quite a few options available. Below I have compiled a quick comparison table of all these Puma parkour shoes, and below that I have gone into more depth for the reviews.
|Shoe||Weight||Material Type||True to Size?||Rating||Price|
|10.2 oz||Breathable Mesh||Yes||5/5|
|Under 3 Lbs||Breathable Mesh||Yes||4.9/5|
|Under 2 Lbs||Synthetic||Yes||4.8/5|
- 1 Some of the Best Puma Parkour Shoes Are :
- 2 My Final Thoughts on Puma Parkour Shoes
If you don’t have a firm grip with the ground, your performance can not reach to its maximum potential. Even worse, it may lead your feet and your body towards injuries from parkour. So selecting the right kind of parkour shoes is very crucial. At the same time, it must fit your budget as well. The best puma parkour shoes must pass criteria such as:
Shoe Weight: The lighter a shoe is, the more freedom you have to perform your maneuvers. It will eat less on your energy and increases your stamina. As per standards, a weight less than 3 pounds is considered ideal.
Type of Sole: The sole of the shoes, ideally, must be made up of as few pieces as possible. In an optimal situation, shoes with one piece sole are considered to be the best. Additionally, the sole should be designed for resistance so as to avoid any slippage.
Shoe Material: A synthetic rubber sole lasts longer and provides the optimal gripping. Further, A thin synthetic rubber sole provides the maximum grip but it’s lifespan is shorter. On the other hand, a thick one lasts longer but some slippery moments may arise.
Cost of Shoe: Last but not the least, the cost is a crucial factor. A high-priced branded shoes do not always mean to be the best choice. There are many great quality shoes available at many affordable prices.
Some of the Best Puma Parkour Shoes Are :
Dwelling deeper into the specifications and comparing the overwhelming range of shoes, available in the market, is a daunting task. To ease your life, I have made this process ready made for you. I did an intensive research and hand-picked 3 best parkour shoes supplied by Puma. The quality of these shoes justifies its affordable price. Pick any of these and you will have a great pair.
Top in our list. I warn you. This shoe is so great that it can make you a PumaManiac. It’s an ideal blend of comfort (due to it’s cushioning), flexibility (due to it’s archaic design) and gripping (due to it’s narrow toe). With it’s unique design it helps with bouncing back that supports all your jumping activities. The sole provides enough cushion to your feet so as to avoid any sudden jerks and eventually preventing you from any injury. Lets discuss the pros and cons in detail:
- The shoes’ upper is made up of a breathable mesh. It helps to control the temperature. As a result, the feet do not sweat. The sweating may cause slippery moments. Moreover, the upper mesh is washable and the tearing possibility is very low.
- The shoe’s head is inclined inwards from both sides and has a narrow front. At the same time, the heel is studded with silicon. Thus, it grips your feet firmly and allow you to perform with maximum potential, without any worry of slippage.
- The sole is made up of light-weight synthetic rubber that is imported from China. The quality of the sole is high.
- The total weight of one pair is less than 3 pounds. Exactly, what we want.
- The shoes are true to its size. You do not need to order any up or downsize. Just measure your size on a standard shoe measuring chart and order the same. You will get the right size pair.
- You can choose from 4 different colour options. The quality is same with any colour option. Pick any that suits your style. Same standard paint is used for every colour. Remember, the price changes with size and colour selection.
- The narrow front may seem a bit uncomfortable to some people. But the shoes adjust itself according to the claw’s shape, within a few days.
- The white part may get dirty soon as it happens with any white design. Just a matter of personal preference.
- Although the shoes is a true size product yet if you are a person with wide feet, you may have to order a bit bigger size.
- The paint may chip off on or around the toe area.
Puma proved to be serving the community with it’s another great product. During my research, the features and price of this product simply amazed me. The design, cushioning, sole material and upper mesh are all designed up to the industry standards.
The product is, not only, designed to perform great but also to look great aesthetically. The arches and knitting of the shoes keep the foot in place and helps to boost your performance. Lets discuss it’s pros and cons in detail:
- The shoes’ upper is pure cotton fabric. The fabric is knitted that reduces the chances of wear and tear and increases the lifetime of the product. The knitted texture adds to it’s aesthetic look.
- Synthetic rubber, is used for making the sole. The sole of the shoes is made up as one single piece and not as joined pieces. It reduces the chances for tearing to null. Additionally, one piece sole bends according to the foot contour. Hence, providing optimal comfort and support.
- The total weight of one pair is around 2 pounds. It makes your feet feel extra light and you are faster at your every move.
- You can wash up the shoes and dry it out in the air and shine. It doesn’t affect the lifetime of the product. Additionally, washing the shoes doesn’t fade or chip off the colour.
- The product has a 30-Days return policy and enjoys free shipping option as well. However, 30-Day return feature demands that you abide by their terms and conditions. If a damage occurs to the shoes due to mishandling, you can’t ask for a refund. Read the terms & conditions.
- You can choose from 7 different colour options. All are designed with keeping quality in mind. No additional charges for different colours. Remember, the price changes with size and colour selection.
- Out of 7 available colour options, one is pure white. Although the quality is not compromised but you might end up cleaning and washing so often.
- I can’t say it’s a true-size product. You might need half point up the size to fit your feet in properly.
- In some rare cases, your toe may pop out of the mesh as it is made up of fabric.
Another great product by Puma. A unique FWR technology is used to design this shoes. The FWR philosophy revolves around creating a material that is extra tough and strong but extra light- For Example Titanium. The shoes’ upper is made up of special FWRFoam and the sole if a mix of FWRFoam and standard sole material (Synthetic Rubber) that gives it both durability and flexibility. For hard parkours and long runners, don’t look past this shoes. Let’s discuss the specifications in details:
- The shoes’ upper is made up of special FWRFoam. It enables the wearer for hard strides. The chances of tearing are almost null as the material is very strong.
- Sole is a mix of synthetic rubber and FWRFoam. The sole is considered to be the more durable in comparison to other Puma shoes.
- The shoes have a weight of fewer than 2 pounds. Only the FWRFoam could make it possible. It’s hard to find a parkour shoes lighter than this.
- The shoes are washable and dryable in air or shine. But don’t machine wash it as the woven texture might rip-off.
- You may choose from up to 8 different colour variations. The sole colour is also different with every colour variation to match up the contrast. Remember, the price changes with size and colour selection.
- The heel to toe inclination is as low as 4 mm only. It provides a firm grip with the ground and you make an excellence in your performance.
- Due to its colour variations and style, you can use it as casual wearing pair as well as it’s not strictly designed for the sports purpose only.
- Another true size product by Puma. Just order your regular size and it will fit perfectly.
- Designed keeping big guys in mind who are on their feet most of the time.
- The foam is good to run on streets and tracks but not good enough to run on fields with rocks.
- The pink colour is too bright to suit a man. Moreover, it might be a case of personal preference.
My Final Thoughts on Puma Parkour Shoes
So these were some of the best puma shoes for parkour that i would recommend. The conclusion is obvious. If it’s about Parkour Shoes it must be from Puma. Puma has been infusing excellence to sports person and athletes with its innovative and revolutionary designs. At the same time, Its product is set at a price that fits everyone’s pocket.
I hand-picked the 3 best products and presented their features before you, in a layman’s language. All the 3 products are no less than each other. Choosing any one of them is just a matter of personal preference and budget. None of them is going to disappoint you in terms of quality and performance.